Why you need an engineer to design your home?
In a nutshell, if a structure was a human body then the architect would be concerned with the body shape and appearance, and the Structural Engineer would be concerned with the skeleton and sinews.
Structural Engineer is a key part of the design and construction team, who make a difference and shape the built environment.
who is a structural engineer?
A Structural Engineer is a professional who has the sufficient credentials to give advice on structural issues and provide the necessary calculations to ensure buildings are safely built (i.e. they do not sink, collapse, warp etc.).
It is widely accepted that;
"Structural engineering is about ensuring a structure is capable of standing up and can withstand the pressures of use that the building is subjected to – including the potential weather conditions for the locality"
The Engineer will be able to advise on the safe removal of walls, elements, chimney breasts etc. They will also cover groundwork issues like foundation types and solutions for refurbishing old damaged buildings including structural retrofitting, damage assessments and strengthening proposals.
what does the structural engineer do?
Structural engineer is concerned with designing the foundations and framing of buildings so that it can withstand the forces from the use of the building and also from the environment such as wind, rain and earthquake.
- Quick diagnosis of weak links in the structure
- Detailed study of the required unit
- Realistic ideas for the on-going projects
- Modifications and Innovations in existing projects
what standards we follow?
- British Standards (BS)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- American Standards for Testing and Material (ASTM)
- Euro Codes (EC)
- Sri Lankan Standards (SLS)
what expertise we bring to your building?
We support our clients in all the stages of structural designs. We manually draw your building design concepts, modify and analyze presented plans and drawings, make detailed and construction drawings, create 3D building models, in short, help you with every aspect of your building design projects.
what range of houses we cover?
- Residential Homes
- Mansions and Villas
- Low-rise and High-rise Buildings (with the support of a panel of engineers if required)
- Commercial buildings
- Custom Homes
- Specialty Structures
In short, we cover all types of buildings while specialty is in bellow LKR 100 Million projects.
what is your approach?
- Experienced & qualified Engineers to undertake designs
- Customer oriented approach in service deliverables
- 99.995% exactness in final outcome
- Timely execution and cost affordability
- Stringent policies to follow project schedules and deadlines
what is our confidence?
We are sure of exceeding your expectations through delivering innovative, reliable, customized and efficient structural designs with reasonable rates.